Certificate in Appreciative Inquiry for Strengths-Based Leadership and Innovation in Public and Nonprofit Sectors
APPLY NOW – Next Cohort: June 2017
Learn how to apply Appreciative Inquiry (Ai) and the SOAR methodology (Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations, and Results) for positive organizational change/innovation and strategic planning.
Through the use of positively constructed questions and a structured dialogue process, Appreciative Inquiry (Ai) seeks to discover the conditions, factors, and strengths that contribute to success and how they can be replicated to create new possibilities for greater future success.
A Certificate in Appreciative Inquiry from Rutgers University-Newark School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) is issued to participants upon the completion of the following coursework:
- Participate in an initial two-day workshop in which students will learn how to apply Ai in the public and nonprofit sectors.
- Design, conduct, and prepare a paper about an Ai project of choice.
- Conduct Ai interviews of three public and/or nonprofit sector leaders and chronicle the results of the interviews.
- Participate in a concluding two-day workshop featuring advanced
- Ai concepts and practices and interactively share lessons learned from the Ai projects and leadership interviews.
2017-18 Program Dates
- Beginning Two-Day Workshop: June 1 & 2, 2017
- Followed by Monthly Coaching Calls
- Advanced Two-Day Workshop: January 11 & 12, 2018
Workshops are held at Rutgers University-Newark School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) at 111 Washington Street, Newark, NJ 07102. A limited number of slots are available for remote participation in the workshops.
The cost of $1500 per participant includes all materials required for the program and breakfast and lunch on all four workshop days. Lodging and travel arrangements and costs are the responsibility of each participant. Purchase Orders are accepted.