10th Annual Public Performance Conference
National Center for Public Performance, School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) - Rutgers University-Newark, Sawyer Business School - Suffolk University
Marc Holzer, PhD - Rutgers University-Newark
Brenda Bond, PhD - Suffolk University
Gov. Martin O'Malley
Prof. Donald Moynihan
Announcing the 10th Annual Public Performance Conference hosted by the National Center for Public Performance, the School of Public Affairs and Administration at Rutgers University-Newark and the Suffolk University Sawyer Business School’s Institute for Public Service. The topic of this conference will be how organizations design, implement and sustain performance innovations that can withstand times of transition and change.
Performance measurement is becoming more and more common across the public and non-profit sectors. Organizations have proven to be very good at beginning performance and innovation initiatives, but less so when the longevity of these systems has been tested. We seek to better understand how performance measurement and management systems can withstand the pressures of political and institutional change and sustain themselves for the long term.
This conference will bring together the best minds in the professional and academic worlds to discuss performance measurement, program innovations, best practices, and emerging paradigms of public performance.
We invite practitioner and research presentations on the application of performance measurement and improvement systems in public and non-profit organizations, especially:
- Designing relevant performance indicators
- Creating a culture of data driven decision-making
- Effectively collecting, storing, and reporting your performance data
We anticipate tracks in the following areas (but not limited to):
Location & Dates:
- Building and Sustaining Effective Performance Systems
- Small Town Performance
- Non-Profits: Data & Innovation in the 4th sector
- Performance Data to Improve the Local Community
- Open Data
September 28-29, 2017
David J. Sargent Hall
Suffolk University - Sawyer Business School
120 Tremont St.
Boston, MA 02108
- Early bird individual registration (ends July 31st) - $99.00
- Individual registration as of August 1st - $150.00
- Exhibitor (spaces limited) - $350.00 (includes power and wi-fi)