2017 Zambian Society for Public Administration International Conference
The Zambian Society for Public Administration (ZSPA) will be hosting the International Conference on Performance and Strategic Management, June 20-23, 2017, at Radisson Blue Hotel, Lusaka Zambia.
The conference aims to bring together leading academicians, researchers, scholars and practitioners to exchange and share their experiences and research results about all aspects of Performance and Strategic Management.
The conference will be held as a sideline activity for this year's Africa Public Service Day, which falls on Friday, June 23, 2017. It is against this background that we would like to invite public administration organizations to come and attend the conference. The conference will be officiated by Secretary to the Cabinet Dr. Roland Msiska, who is also the organization patron.
Guest of Honor
Dr. Roland Msiska will be this year's guest of honor, sharing government perspective on how the Civil service performance must be improved. Dr R. Msiska is the Secretary to the Cabinet in Zambia, the Vice President (Southern Africa), Council of African Cabinet Secretaries, Secretary to the Cabinet, Zambia and Africa Association of Public Administration and Management (AAPAM). Dr Msiska was appointed Secretary to the Cabinet in February 2013 following a distinguished career in health and public service. Dr Msiska qualified as a medical practitioner with Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degrees from the University of Zambia. He served in various positions in the health sector, then Project Director at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Executive Director at the Namibia Institute of Public Administration and Management. He was then appointed to be Permanent Secretary, Public Service Management Division and Deputy Secretary to the Cabinet.
The conference will attract participants from African countries and the United States. As part of the conference, ZSPA will host numerous activities including a welcome reception and public lecture. The conference will also host a dinner to recognize recipients of the Africa Public Service Day Awards.
The conference will run simultaneously with a certification workshop on:
Strategic Performance Management Workshop
- Performance Management Innovation conducted by Mr. Alex Idress, USA
- Strategic Branding Management conducted by Mr. Alex Goslar, Thailand
This workshop will bring consistency in applying performance management within the business, helping managers and team leaders recognize their role and contribution to effectively manage performance and conduct at work.
The course will be conducted by Dr. Girish Nuckchady. He is an accomplished University trainer and practitioner from Mauritius. Girish holds a PhD in Management from Wits Business School (WBS), South Africa, an MSc from Imperial College of Science and Technology, University of London, UK and an MBA from University of Mauritius. He is a Fellow of the Mauritius Institute of Directors (F. MIoD) and ACCA Oxford Brooks Mentor.
Strategic Branding Management Workshop
Workshop investigates and applies strategic models and tools to the practice of innovative and cost-effective brand management, founded on robust financial and economic principles. The workshop will be conducted by; Mr. Alex Goslar, Managing Director Alex Goslar. Alex is a global trainer for Marketing Inspired Branding.
The conference is soliciting contributions of papers, presentation and e-posters that address themes and topics of the conference, including figures, tables and references of novel research materials.
- Rethinking in Public Sector Development
- Policy innovation and analysis
- Traditional practice of performance management
- Strategic project Management
- Performance Reward Issues
- Cultures and Performance Management
- Public Leadership and Accountability
- Innovation in Public Sector Management
- Public sector as a model of strategic performance management
- E-government and performance efficiency
- Leveraging Team Diversity & Experience
ZSPA is also inviting organizations to partner with them as corporate sponsors. Advertising space are available on first come basis.
Submission of Paper Proposals
- Theme of Paper Proposal: All paper proposals/abstracts should be related to the main theme
- Submission Deadline: The deadline for submitting the paper/panel proposal is Friday, April 29, 2017
- Conference Registration: K4, 000.00 per delegate and payments should be made by May 30, 2017
The following are the session papers that would be made during the plenary sessions and at selected events.
1. Telling the issues of Zambia’s 50 years performance ; Prof. Rayson Mukwena, Executive Director, NIPA(Public Lecture)
2. Inspiring women Leadership ; Professor Hellicy Ngambi,- Mulungushi University(Launch of Women in Public Administration)
3. Practice of performance management; Mr. Joseph Gondwe, Director , Vodafone Zambia.
4. How HIV/AIDS treatment improves Individual Performance; Dr Mabvuto Kango, Country Manager.
5. Public Leadership and Accountability; Dr. Girish Nuckchady, Managing Director AED ,Mauritius
6. A Multilateral Approach to Strategic Human Talent; Dr. Harvey White, Professor University of Delaware
7. Developing Public Service as a role model for National Development; Dr. Roland Msiska, Secretary to the Cabinet of the Republic of Zambia and ZSPA Patron (Official opening)
8. E-government and performance efficiency Mr. Jason Mulaisho
9. Proactive Challenge and Leadership Mr. Alex Goslar, Thailand.
Round Table Discussion
a. Permanent Secretaries Discussion on sharing best practice among government Department.
b. Parliamentarian Discussion on Auditing Public performance.
c. CEO Discussion on Public Institution performance Management visa-vie Balance Scorecard.
d. Women in Public Administration sharing experiences.
e. Inspiring the future generation.
- June 20, 2017 – Welcoming Cocktail(Evening)
- June 2017 - Conference and Workshop Proceedings(All Day)
- June 2017 - Public Lecture(Evening)
- June 22, 2017 - Conference and Workshop Proceedings (Morning and Afternoon)
- June 22, 2017 - Parliamentarian Roundtable Discussion
- June 23, 2017 - Celebration of Africa Public Services Day(Morning)
- June 23, 2017 - Dinner and Launch of Women in Public Administration(Evening)